Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mason's first year has gone by. It was filled with lots of fun, some scary moments, and even a major move across the country. In all, it was fantastic.


Babies are amazing. They progress through so many different stages in such a short time. From simply crying to actually communicating. From laying down to sitting then crawling then walking. The milestones are marked down and each one is cherished (especially when you know this is your last baby). I'm going to miss the baby stage. But I know this next year will be full of exciting moments.


Mason was such a fragile little guy in his first days, weeks, and even months. Click here to read about his first days. He has since grown into a little man. His personality is much like Makayla's as a baby...he's calm, talkative, and loves his food. He sleeps well and rarely fusses (unless he's hungry). He sits up, loves to pull himself up to standing, and is ready to take some first steps soon. He loves his sister so much. When she enters the room, he smiles, claps and get so excited. It's an amazing connection they have.

I think I've gushed enough. In short...I love my little guy.

Happy Birthday Mason!

3 comments:

The Denny Family said...

He sure has come a long way!

Kimberly said...

I feel so silly! A while ago I switched to using Reader to follow blogs and I've been sitting here thinking that you were NEVER going to update anything. Somehow I missed adding your blog to reader. You are in it now! I'm so glad these boys made it and are strong. I wonder how Jasper is doing, or the 25 week twins that were in there with him. It just goes so fast! I had a dream about the NICU last night, I was trying to find the nurses to say hi. It would be fun to see them again.

Anonymous said...

My mom got it at a craft fair! It reminded me of my blanky, which I still have haha. I even took it to the hospital with me when I had her! How silly, I know, but it had to be done. I think she looks alot like my dad. Alot of people think that. When she gets older Im sure she will start to look like either me or her dad. We will see!