Monday, July 21, 2008

6 months already!

Sometimes I can't believe Mason is 6 months already. I actually remember leaving the NICU with him and saying to Fred "I wish we could fast forward 6 months" because I was so scared to take such a little guy home. Now, amazingly, he's already there.

He had his checkup today and here are his stats:

14lbs 7oz
25 inches

He's still just barely on the charts at 5% for weight and 15% for height. But he's doing great. I actually got to answer "yes" to all the doctors questions about milestones. YAY!

I decided to check Makayla's four month stats for comparison. Since Mason was 2 months early, his adjusted age is four months. So Makayla's stats at four months were:

14lbs 9oz
25 1/2 inches

Pretty close, huh?

He can now start solids too! I know he's ready because he's chugging his 6oz bottles and wants more when it's gone. So I'll be trying some rice cereal this weekend. Mmmm.

2 comments:

The Denny Family said...

WOW! That's great that he's doing so well! He has come a long way in a short time! Can't wait to see the first cereal eating photos! :O)

Jeremy said...

Yay for 6 months! He's doing great! It's amazing how close him and Makayla are with his adjusted age. My boys were definitely different sizes.

And I agree, can't wait to see pics of his first food.