Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 2 - Couch to 5K

Still hate running.

I don't even think what I do can qualify as running. It's more of a slow motion jog. I'm sure from the outside I look like I'm on the last leg of a marathon but in reality I've only run for 60 seconds. That's right, just 60 seconds. Isn't that sad?

Couch to 5K plan Week 1:
Day 1 - warm up walk for 5 minutes, jog 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds (do this 8 times)
Day 2 - rest
Day 3 - warm up walk for 5 minutes, jog 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds (do this 8 times)
Day 4 - rest
Day 5 - warm up walk for 5 minutes, jog 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds (do this 8 times)
Days 6 & 7 - rest

Sounds easy, huh? Oh you're laughing now but I dare you to get off the couch and try!

Seriously today I almost quit after the second jog. It's not that it's painful, it's just hard and I get tired so fast. Despite doing zumba twice a week, and a strength class once a week, I'm apparently still out of shape. Ugh. This sucks. Someone please tell me it gets easier.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

It gets easier! When I get back from my race I'll go with you one night!

Mom Uytioco said...

Thanks Kimberly. Good luck in your race!