I thought this background was suitable. I'll leave it up as a reminder of my dilusions.
Can't you just feel the cold emanating from this photo. I know it looks really quite beautiful but snow is so deceiving. The first snowfall is so peaceful. It can be like the pages from a magazine, just this perfect white fluff floating down from the heavens. Then the plow comes by and shoves it into your driveway creating a pile 5 feet high which you now have to shovel (because being new to Michigan you don't have a snowblower). But that's ok. It's still kinda pretty.
You drive to work at 25mph because you haven't driven in it in awhile (like 13 years to be exact). There's a line of cars behind you and each one is quite upset to be behind the person with out of state plates. But again, that's ok. You are admiring the beauty of the snow in the trees. Even though the roads are covered in ice. As you take in the wonder of it all, you see a huge buck running right into the middle of the road. Going only 25, you have avoided full on collision with the majestic creature but it does slow you down even more. The line behind you is fully irritated now. But you seem oblivious. The drive home is more of the same but now the weather channel has been predicting a full-fledged blizzard by the evening.
You arrive home to see that hubby has indeed shoveled the driveway. Three times that day, to be exact. When you awake the next morning, there is another six inch layer of the white stuff in the driveway. It's now freezing, the wind is blowing, snow drifts are six feet high and the weather channel says it will continue everyday for the next three months. Is it still beautiful, peaceful, heaven sent?
Um no...I'll tell you what it is...IT'S COLD. We've already received 70+ inches of snowfall this season. Can someone please tell me what the %@^* I was thinking?
1 comment:
LMAO!!!!!!! I am so right there with you! It's pretty at first... or from inside your warm cozy home with your jammies on, wrapped up in a blanket all day sipping cocoa! But who has time for that! This MI weather SUCKS!
Post a Comment